I really want to get this going....

Each day's listing is an excerpted edit from my work. These are numbered and sub-headed for ease of read and isolation from full body of continued text. Each small excerpt is a single-themed piece culled from a much larger whole. Please follow the heading numbers down to #1, or click on 'archive'. The highest numbers are most recently posted, obviously. If so interested, for follow-up, you may contact via e-mail shown - perhaps for discussion or annotation needed.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

THE AGE OF IRONY...

81. THE AGE OF IRONY HAS TAKEN AWAY FROM US CANDID MOMENTS (my slice of life story):

“Show me the girl whose pants I can see and the waistband of what’s underneath” – that was all the guy said but he meant it and I thought to myself ‘he’s pretty damn sure of that which he wants’ and I chuckled just the same as I was walking through a huge yard of old statuary - markers and angels and little lambs and fountains and everything made of some concrete or another and taken from ruined homes and statuary gardens and put here all for sale so everyone could browse (in some pestilential town of arts and crafts and food and wine) and cars slowed by and someone was looking and two old gents ambled off together talking in earnest about whatever it was they were saying - the one guy with a big white Panama hat and the other with only white pants and some expensive pink shirt which showed off his chest - it was funny in a way to see to two of them together there - and like funeral markers in a tent-meeting of long ago it was as if everyone would be willing to sing if someone had only asked – but no matter for I wasn’t lonesome nor sorry for anything right then and I too watched myself watching and knew just what they meant by whatever they said : the Grand Marshall of the whole shebang came forth to see who needed help (she wore broad khaki pants and a shirt like a farmer) and in her big black workman’s boots she stepped right over the rocks to where the other lady was who wanted the sunburst ‘for my alcove on the eastern wall where it will catch the rising sun’ and they talked about how much it cost and how to transport it wherever and agreement was reached and they both walked away - one digging though a handbag while the other scribbled a note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home